September 28, 2004

Silent Bob Distraught

On last night's episode of The Tonight Show, host Jay Leno made the shocking announcement that he would be stepping down from his duties in 2009.

Leno explained his decision: "In 2009, I'll be 59 years old and will have had this dream job for 17 years." He then quipped, in his characteristic unfunny style, "Plus, I promised (my wife) Mavis I would take her out for dinner before I turned 60." At that point Kevin Eubanks laughed so loud that he had to sit down.

It was also announced that Leno's successor for the hostship would be Late Night's Conan O'Brien (easy, Jerry). In response to the announcement, O'Brien did a weird little dance, made a joke that nobody really understood, and then urged his babies to "be cool".

When the handover occurs in five years' time, it is widely expected that nobody will continue to give a shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home