January 18, 2005

We Deliver Impressive-Sounding Gobbledygook

As a member of Golden Key, the International Honour Society (or, as Alison likes to call it, "Genius Club"), I am privy to a great number of fantastic job opportunities. Or so they tell me. (Incidentally, considering the VP communications' email username is 'nsyncgirl233', I think 'Genius Club' is overstating the case, somewhat.)

Today I got an email advertising a summer job at McKinsey & Company, a consulting firm. I've been toying with the idea of staying in Montreal for the summer, so I followed the link and took a look at the details.

"We are looking for people who demonstrate capabilities in the following areas...: Achieving"

Hey, I can achieve! Sign me up! Say, what is it that you guys do, anyway?

"What remains constant is our goal: to deliver impact for our client that is both lasting and meaningful."

'Hello, I'd like some impact, please. And don't try and con me with any of that impact without meaning-- I want impact that is meaningful all the way.'

I don't know about "driving distinctive client impact" (what does that even mean? Running them down with a customized car?), but I'm considering applying just for the potential blog material.

1 Comments:

At 19/1/05 12:21, Blogger dustin said...

Hmm, I've heard from a number of people that the golden key thing is a scam. Basically they exist to get money from kids and do little to nothing in return. Of course, I was never asked to join ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home