February 27, 2005

You Know You've Been On Vacation Too Long When...

I was bored this evening and decided to Google myself, since it's been a while since I've done so.

And, of course, there were all the boring Andrew Ladds out there that everybody knows about-- the composer in Britain, the fantastically successful hockey player, the scientologist, and so forth. But I also found:

1. An Andrew Ladd who obviously fancies himself a music critic, except that's he's obviously not that critical because he absolutely loved Nelly Furtado's first album. Now, normally, this wouldn't bother me, only I keep a musicblog and I wouldn't want people thinking that I endorsed Nelly Furtado's first album in any way (especially not to the point where I think I'm in love with her, which is how this guy seems to feel).

2. An Andrew Ladd who's a computer scientist at Rice University and, oddly, earned his BSc at McGill (at least I now know the reason my DAS username is 'andrew.ladd2').

3. An Andrew Ladd who wants to be Gandalf. He's reviewed a staff for an online staff-n-swords store:

"The shaft is solid and so is the crown. You can even do the cool spinny move that Gandalf does on the walls of Minas Tirith . . . Over all [sic], it is a real winner, and if you are unsure of wheather [sic] you should get it, DO IT; you will not be dissapointed [sic]."

Man, this guy's spelling makes me sic. HA!

Also, this was kind of creepy.

I bet this wasn't nearly as entertaining for people not called Andrew Ladd as it was for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home