March 23, 2005

The Vagaries of McGill University

This week, McGill students voted against staging a second strike to protest the Quebec government trying to balance its budget.

I'm sorry, that was very editorial of me. Let me try again:

This week, McGill students voted against being big poop-heads.

Wait, no, one more time:

This week, McGill students voted against a second strike in protest of the Quebec government's attempts to turn education into a bastion of rich, capitalist scum.

...Overcompensating...

This week, McGill students voted against holding a strike.

Phew! I am now fair and balanced. The results of the plebiscite were:

YES / OUI: 2390 (43.2%)

NO / NON: 3131 (56.6%)

Spoiled: 9 (0.2%)

I should point out that only 30% or so of the student body actually voted. In reality, there are far more than nine spoiled brats at McGill.

Man, this unbiased reporting thing is tricky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home