May 20, 2005

Conversations With Greatness XXXI



I saw Episode III today. I enjoyed:

a. George Lucas' continuing inability to write convincing dialogue, esp. during romantic scenes and scenes involving Yoda.
b. The requisite scrolling words at the beginning of the movie. The first full sentence is: "War!" That's it.
c. George Lucas' ham-fisted political allegory ("You're either with me, or you're my enemy." "Nothing is so absolute." Yarrgh. Move to Canada, you commie).

But gosh!, Ewan McGregor sure does a great Alec Guinness impression.

2 Comments:

At 20/5/05 18:34, Anonymous Cristina said...

Ahem! I believe we had plans to see Star Wars!! Who will endure my sarcastic comments now?

 
At 21/5/05 12:16, Blogger Andrew said...

Oh, don't worry, I'll go see it again-- if only to see Hayden Christiensen smoulder with intense handsomeness and say "Let's rule the galaxy together."

*swoon*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home