June 28, 2005

Hmmm..

Okay, so my mum informs me that, in fact, "they" have been cracking down lately on people who eat and drink on the bus. So I kind of feel bad for calling my bus driver a contemptible pleb. But you know, he still didn't have to grin with ill-disguised glee at the misfortune he was causing me. That's just nasty. Like, I mean, he really looked happy to be screwing me over. And I think that does make him kind of contemptible.

I'm exhausted, so I'm going to go to bed-- but tomorrow I'm going to post some kick ass photos that I took today, so hurry back.

8 Comments:

At 28/6/05 18:59, Blogger Sean said...

I think the word is "plebean," by the way, with emphasis on the first syllable.

 
At 28/6/05 18:59, Blogger Sean said...

I think the word is "plebean," by the way, with emphasis on the first syllable.

 
At 28/6/05 19:00, Blogger Sean said...

and one more time, with feeling!

 
At 28/6/05 21:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard "pleb" (prounounced "pleeb") used as short for plebean in the following Sepultura stanza:

Chaos a.d.
Tanks on the streets
Confronting police
Bleeding the plebs
Raging crowd
Burning cars
Bloodshed stars
Who’ll be alive?!

 
At 28/6/05 21:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B.J.

 
At 29/6/05 00:31, Blogger dustin said...

Fight the power

Eat and drink on busses forever !!!!!!xxx!!!!!!!

 
At 29/6/05 13:13, Blogger Sean said...

i should say, bryan, that pleb is a perfectly good word, but that andrew and i have had an inside joke about the pronunciation of "plebian". i'm serious.

 
At 1/7/05 05:07, Blogger Andrew said...

And in that spirit, may I say that 'pleeb' is a very plebian way to pronounce 'pleb'. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home